Monday, April 28, 2008

Hmmm

I was sitting here thinking about my day, and trying to figure out what went wrong. I did great with eating the right things all day....all day, that is, until 3:30 hit. Why did I suddenly head for the cupboards and fridge? Was it because Husband called and said he was going out to the bar? Was it because Shorty came home from school? Or was it because (and I know this is the true reason) I realized that I had, once again, wasted my day with piddling around on stuff instead of doing what I should have been doing. I won't do that again tomorrow. Which means you won't see me on here. Unless I change my mind. ;)

I'm reading a book that I think may be life-changing. It is one of the few books that I have the thought, WHILE I AM STILL READING IT, that I am going to have to read this book again. As soon as I finish it. To get more good stuff out of it. It is called "Better Than My Dreams...Finding what you long for where you might not think to look" and is written by Paula Rinehart. My sil sent it to me recently. Very good read. And very appropriate for everything I am dealing with in my life right now. Marriage woes, hitting 30, figuring out future plans, etc. I highly recommend it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hang in there and know you are not alone.

Thanks for coming by my blog.

T Peter said...

I like the new blog. Part of me wonders if our uber-nomadic nurturing is what makes us seek and enjoy the new so much. On the other hand, maybe it's just time to leave Xanga behind for a cleaner, more simplistic, more readable interface.... Love ya, sis! I'll pass on the comments re: Rinehart to yer "sil".