I made what I am calling Attempts rather than Resolutions this year. Because that is all they turn out being anyway. My all focus on the word Repair.
- Repair my marriage. Date nights, counseling, I'm reading through a few books, etc.
- Repair my health. Exercise, eat healthy, lose weight, blah, blah, blah.
- Repair my kids. LOL. By that I mean redo the chore chart and stick with it, family devotions, outdoor activities.
- Repair my relationship with God. Devotions and prayer time.
- Repair my house. Patching of holes, painting of rooms, purging of items.
Dem thar are it. Nothing fancy. But this is the year of Repair. If it ain't about fixing one of those things, then it can't be added. The end, love Stemmler. (Inside joke for myself)
I'm going to Bolivia. For two weeks. With my parents. Brad is staying home with the kids. He is still unemployed, and they are paying my way, so I had to take this opportunity. I am thrilled but also strangely afraid. I think it may be just that old mommy fear, but just in case it isn't, I have taken the time to write Brad, Emilie and Landon their own letters. I love you letters. That they can have to read over and over if something happens to me. I'm going to miss them like crazy. And I hope Brad will be okay...I know he will be.
More another day.