Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Yawn...

Husband got up to pee at 6:10 this morning and I mumbled, "Hey, how come the alarm didn't go off?"
"It did... twice."

Huh, apparently I slept through it going off both times. I rolled myself out of bed anyway, put on my workout outfit ("You have a workout outfit?!?" my sister exclaimed yesterday), and headed out the door. I did my walk with snow, yes, SNOW pelting me the entire time. The hill (someone help me name it!) didn't kill me nearly as bad as yesterday, but I was 2 minutes slower today. Snow? Cold? The fact that I was praying for someone during part of it?

Supposed to be having a MOPS playdate at a local park this morning. Somehow I think the snow is going to nix that. The backup plan was to meet at a place called Bouncin' Around (large place full of those inflatable jumping thingamabobs), but since money is tight right now, I think we'll have to skip. I need gas more than I need to meet up with the moms today.

I sing tonight. Need to dye my hair again beforehand. I used to go to a hair dresser down the street from my house. She did a lovely job and she goes to my church, but I couldn't afford to pay $50-$100 every 2 months. I quit going and started doing my own coloring. Here's the kicker....she sits at a table RIGHT IN FRONT of the microphone where I sing. So I am always self-conscious of my hair dye job. I don't know if she thinks I am going elsewhere, or if she can tell I do my own now, but either way I hope she realizes it was a financial decision, not a comment on her abilities.

My dad was interviewed on the Christian radio out of Pittsburgh yesterday evening. He did a fantastic job. He has a nice radio voice and is a great speaker. I was so proud of him. And I'm hoping it will result in more support for the wonderful ministries that he has going on in Bolivia.

Tha-tha-that's all, folks.

No comments: